Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fun times at the Alamo City Comic Con in San Antonio


 
There weren't any updates this weekend, as I was out in San Antonio working the Ninjaink booth at the Alamo City Comic Con.



Lots of fun!  There were plenty of TMNT personalities there, though alas, my work schedule didn't permit me time to meet any of them (they had the LONGEST lines and the Ninjaink booth was very busy).  In fact, most of the folks I DID get to meet I did so at the hotel (apparently, we were booked in the same joint the celebs were staying at).  Met some great people...

Sat on the bus next to John Kassir (voice of the Crypt Keeper!) without even knowing it.  He was cool to take a picture with me after we got off and my friends told me who he was.  I actually talked to him for 10 minutes at the con when I had time to get to his booth, but I was so zonked out at the end of the day I didn't even realize he was right next to me the whole way back to the hotel.



Met Paul Eiding (Perceptor from Transformers, Grandpa Max from Ben 10) at dinner, too.  A real great guy and lots of fun to talk to!  We've done work for Transformers via We Love Fine and that led to a long chat with Paul and his wife (whose a published author).  Food was good, too!



And here I am wearing some dude's Matt Trakker helmet (it didn't smell very good in there):



Anyway, fun's over.  I'll get back to reviewing.