Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TMNT (Fred Wolf, 1987) Season 1 - Review


So I've decided to start doing some more Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated reviews, diving headfirst into the 1987 animated series produced by Fred Wolf.

You can read my review of all 5 Season One episodes at Adventures in Poor Taste!

While I take the piss out of the show quite frequently, I actually do love that opening five-part miniseries.  It's everything that was great about Fred Wolf's TMNT series with none of the shit.

I'll be plowing my way through the remainder of the show as a special/infrequent series of articles for Adventures in Poor Taste, probably in 6-8 episode chunks (those syndicated seasons could get pretty freakin' long).  It's a refreshing break from the comic reviews, even if the episode reviews take a bit longer to watch and write.

And if you haven't yet, you may also want to check my reviews for "Turtles Forever" and The Real Ghostbusters parody/slander episode, "Mean Green Teen Machine", also done as special articles for Adventures in Poor Taste.