Thursday, May 30, 2013

TMNT III manga Chapter 1: Translated and ready to read!


Mutant Ninja Turtles III, Chapter 1: "Time Warp!?" is translated and ready to download over at the Optical Internet Translation Gang's homepage!

This is the first of 6 chapters from the Comic Bom Bom adaptation of the third live-action TMNT film.  The original story and art was by Haato Mikaeru, the translation was by myself, the image-editing was by Cryomancer of the Optical Internet Translation Gang and the scans were provided by Adam Winters.

You'll notice right off the bat that this adaptation deviates considerably from the actual TMNT III, with a cameo appearance from a certain serrated villain in the opening pages.  I did my best to preserve the puns (or localize them wherever possible) and speech patterns of certain characters (Kenshin in particular).  Hopefully you get a kick out of all this weirdness.

Now that Chapter 1 is done, I'm going to get started on Chapter 2.  That means reviews might be a little scarce for the next week or two while I devote my daily allotment of Turtle Time to translating.  I'll try to throw up some Awesome Turtle Pictures to maintain an update status, though.

And if you haven't explored it yet, there's quite a backlog of translated TMNT manga archived on this site you may wish to check out!