Tuesday, May 27, 2014

TMNT Anime OVAs (1996) Review: Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend


TMNT Anime OVAs (1996) Review: Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend.

Just a heads up: I really don't like anime.  Still, I had to cover these things sooner or later.

Lots of sites have reviewed these OVAs in the past, so I tried to focus my article more on providing information about the Super Turtles franchise and the Japanese broadcast of the series that led into it.

But yeah, I'm glad I won't have to go through this again.

4 comments:

Adam Winters said...

Appreciate you suffering through this and doing something different from the rest of the web's reviews of the Anime series.

Anonymous said...

I read your review, but just curious what are the other reasons you hate anime in general besides cheap/still animation shots? The long pacing, filler, or the harem underage schoolgirl crap that infests most anime nowadays? It actually disturbs me that in Japan they can show girls as young as 12-13 completely naked and its legal. Sure its animated so no real kid is being abused, but its still the same concept.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the anime defence force is on patrol over at AIPT...

Kilowog said...

meh. I'm the type of dude who just sees anime as a catch all term the same way 'cartoons' and 'comics' are used. Way I see it is that Sturgeon's Law is in effect, much like it always is. I've seen some pretty god awful anime, but I've seen some anime I've enjoyed as much as I have anything else I've ever read or watched. *shrug*

as for the OVA, basically agree with ya, I saw it with my nephew who was amused and perplexed half the time, which was the source of most of my enjoyment. (I busted out a laugh when my nephew 'angrily' 'demanded' to know why Donatello didn't have a gap in his teeth)

I did find your history lesson very insightful. Definitely worth the read.