Tuesday, June 3, 2014

TMNT (1987) Season 5, Part 2 Review


These seasons are getting shorter; I'm over halfway through Season 5 of the Fred Wolf produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.  Here's my review of the next 6 episodes:

TMNT (1987) Season 5, Part 2 Review.

All kidding aside, this was a pretty darn good batch of episodes with a LOT of recurring characters and action figure personalities.  It's nice to be able to walk away from one of the Fred Wolf reviews and not want to stab myself.

So thrill to the exploits of popular characters such as Baxter Stockman, Muck Man, Napoleon Bonafrog and the Rat King... As well as a bunch of losers like Big Louie and Pinky McFingers.



5 comments:

John Pannozzi said...

Remember when I said you should review the first 4 theatrical TMNT movies (on AIPT), their comic adaptations, and the 5 TMNT (2007) movie prequel comics? I also think you should review Mark Martin's Sushi Turtles one-shot and shorts after you review the first film and its comic adaptation. I think it had some moderately funny stuff.

John Pannozzi said...

Also, when the new Godzilla movie comes to home video (which I assume will be in the fall or winter), maybe you could review all the Heisei and Millenium films, the 1998 and 2014 American G-films, and maybe the Americanized cut of Godzilla 1985 (just so you know, the original Japanese cut of G84/85 was released with English subtitles on DVD in Hong Kong. I believe you can pick that up for quite cheap and use your computer to get around the issue of region locking. The American cut of G85 is only available on old VHS tapes).

Anonymous said...

Big Louie and Pinky McFingers losers? I don't know but I actually liked Big Louie. I liked the idea of Shredder actually have contact with the human organized crime on Earth.

Anonymous said...

For some reason Spengs feels any unique villain in the show that did not get a toy is a loser. Which is an odd way of thinking since Playmates should have made toys of these characters.

I'd much rather have toys of Rex-1, Tempestra and Big Louie than random nonsense like Monty Moose, Halfcourt, and and Hot Spot.

Anonymous said...

I always loved, "Raphael Vs. The Volcano" as a kid. Its such a funny episode and I love seeing Raphael thinking he will die in 24 hours.

The best scene in that episode was Michaelangelo crying over the pizza oven breaking down while Don was consoling him, and Raphael was standing in the doorway thinking they were talking about him. Donnie's "We all have to go sometime!" and Mike's, "But we had so many more pizza's to make together!" while he's crying hysterically was hilarious.

I love the OT when the humor was at its best and worked really well.