Saturday, July 18, 2015

Awesome Turtle Picture #37


A.C. Farley's cover to TMNT Collected Book Vol. 4, published by Mirage.  This one containing "Return to New York" (obviously).


Farley's covers for the old Mirage trades make them worth the (unfortunately) high asking prices they tend to go for.  Some of his all-time best work.

His best cover is probably the one he did for Veitch's "The River" trilogy.  I'd post it, but I can't find a scan in decent enough quality, and alas, that particular volume is the hardest to find.


4 comments:

Daniel46 said...

Regarding Farley's cover for the River Trilogy, perhaps this is where I can help out a bit. Some time ago I managed to swipe me a TPB containing those three volumes, and if I'm not mistaken, this could be the one you're looking for. Just give me some information as to where to send it, and I'll gladly do some contribution to this fanbase blog.

Mark Pellegrini said...

@Daniel46

This badboy?

http://miragelicensing.com/comics/books/volsix.html

If you wouldn't mind scanning it in high res, I know a lot of people would love a clearer look at that one. Farley says he hid a bunch of "secret turtles" in the artwork, but the low res scans I've seen online have made enjoying the piece tough.

You ought to be able to post photos on my google+ account through my signature link, if you need a way to share it.

Thanks!

Guille said...

Really love A.C. Farley's artwork and this one is really colorful. The volume 1, 6 and "Shell Shock" covers are my favorites, guess i'll have to add this one too.

Anonymous said...

Most of the old Collected Books are still available at Mirage's website (not Vol. 6: The River, though).