Friday, May 20, 2016

Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1 variant cover by Timothy Lim and ME!



My artist buddy Timothy Lim (Ninjaink) and I have done some officially licensed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirts and merch designs before, but this is our first foray into the TMNT comics!  This is our variant cover for TMNT: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything! #1.

We did this as a joint venture with Heroes & Fantasies (San Antonio's largest comic shop) and the Palladium IMAX theater (hence the movie parody; you can guess the source material).  The cover will be released on June 1st.  Tim will be at the Palladium IMAX in San Antonio on June 4th for a signing, coinciding with the release of TMNT: Out of the Shadows.  (Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, I won't be able to make the signing.)

If you can't make it to Heroes & Fantasies or the Palladium IMAX, then Tim will be selling copies directly via the Ninjaink Facebook page.  Just shoot him a PM and he can hook you up.

It was a lot of fun; thanks to the guys at IDW and Nickelodeon who approved the design and were such good sports for the parody!


Also, FYI, but I'm going to be on vacation until Memorial Day, so I won't be able to approve any comments until then.  But go ahead and leave them and I'll approve them when I get back.