Saturday, March 4, 2017

I review a crossover between The Jetsons and the WWE


Over at AIPT, I had the "pleasure" of reviewing The Jetsons/WWE: Robo-WrestleMania.  Yet another inexplicable crossover between Hanna-Barbera and Vince McMahon.  I don't understand, either.

If you need some Turtle-related reason to read the review, well, uh, Sheamus is in it.  And he played Rocksteady in Out of the Shadows.  So there.

I've got a few other things I have to write, like that Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island review I've apparently been putting off for a year, but I'll definitely have more for-real TMNT stuff when Universe #8 comes out next week.




6 comments:

Sam said...

I thought the other Hannah-Barbera/WWE crossovers were weird, but this one takes the cake. Taking a largely dormant property and filling it with a bunch of B-tier WWE guys? Even Big Show, who everyone does know, has been out of the spotlight for a while now. You'd think they'd at least throw John Cena in there. Can't wait for the Jabberjaw movie designed to promote WWE's new Cruiserweight Division.

dl316bh said...

The Jetsons shoulda called Braun Strowman. The movie would've been over inside forty minutes and the ensuing fight would have been surprisingly awesome.

Anonymous said...

Jeff Bergman did voice George Jetson in one episode of Harvey Birdman (separate from the one where Wally Wingert voiced him) as well as in John K.'s 2 Jetsons shorts.

Anonymous said...

For the record, the 89 movie had the Jetsons go to Earth's surface too.

So they could lecture about preserving the environment.

Steve Murphy would be proud.

Mark Pellegrini said...

@Anon (3/7/17)

They did? It's legit been 20 years since I saw the 89 Jetsons movie; I don't remember them going to the surface of the Earth at all. But I DO remember the overblown environmentalist message from the film. Shit, I saw it in theaters when I was 4 years old, and even then I thought they were talking down to me.


-Mark

JackalsIII said...

Was it Earth's surface or that new planet that George got the job at? I'm sure it was the new planet and not Earth's surface.