Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tales of Leo #4, on second thought...


You ever have one of those moments where you inexplicably find yourself thinking about a story you initially had a concrete reaction to, only to suddenly look at it from a new angle and come to a completely different conclusion?

Well, I had such an epiphany about the ending to the miniseries Tales of Leonardo: Blind Sight, and added an update to my review to account for that.  It's a little thing and not a substantial update, but I figured I'd post it.

I don't think it changes my emotional evaluation of the ending (I still don't care for it), but I can at least give Lawson credit that maybe he was going for something entirely different from my initial interpretation.  If anything, this was more an exercise in reevaluation and sometimes that can be a cathartic experience in and of itself.

So for all those out there who liked "Blind Sight" and didn't appreciate my initial negative reaction, maybe I'm starting to see things your way.  At least a little bit.  (Leo is still a prick at the end of the arc no matter how you slice it, which might have been Lawson's bleak and cynical point.)