Friday, August 1, 2014

A Transformers shirt I co-designed for the San Diego Comic Con

 

Still workin' on restoring those images.  But in the meantime, check out this shirt I designed with my artist friend, Timothy Lim/Ninjaink for the San Diego Comic Con.  The Transformers: Knights of Unicron band tour shirt.

Tim did the real work since he's the artist and all, but I had tons of fun coming up with all the locations for the tour on the back of the shirt.  A lot of ultra-dorky Transformers minutia in there, all of which was approved by Hasbro.  So hey, it's legit.

I came up with a few other album cover parodies which Tim drew, but Hasbro rejected them (bummer).  This one made it through the corporate approvals process and I was happy to participate.

2 comments:

Nathaniel Towns said...

Well, we're one week from the new TMNT movie. After all the new trailers, clips, TV spots and ill timed posters do you have any final preconceptions of the film you'd like to share before you go see it?

Mark Pellegrini said...

@Nathaniel

All I can really say is that I don't care for the Turtle designs from what I've seen of them and elements of the trailer rub me the wrong way (skyscrapers falling down; haven't we had ENOUGH of that shit in movies, lately?).

But the personalities and dialogue and shtick between the Turtles all looked spot on (from the tiny bits and pieces I can see), so that has me hopeful.

I'll go in with an open mind; I really don't know much about it.

I planned on reviewing all the movies as a lead in to the new one, but the image disaster kinda nixed those plans. I'll definitely review the new movie by itself, though. I'll be seeing it at an Alamo Draft House and those places are freakin' awesome. So I've got that to look forward to.