Friday, August 21, 2015

TMNT (1987) Season 7, Part 1 (the European Vacation episodes): Review


TMNT (1987) Season 7, Part 1 (the European Vacation episodes): Review at AIPT!

The Turtles visit Paris, France (twice)!  Lisbon, Portugal!  The Austrian Alps!  Venice, Florence and Rome (among other parts of Italy)!  And Vatican City where they don't meet the Pope, unfortunately.

These episodes are a confounding hodgepodge of good and bad, with a lot of bewildering editing, but they're definitely entertaining. 

In fact, "Artless" is one of the best episodes of the series!  Also, the only episode of TMNT to include a picture of Jesus in it.  At least that I know of.

Super weird.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One good thing about these episodes are Michaelangeo's nunchucks are back! I remember being weirdly excited when I saw Mikey use his chucks again in this "season" especially since this didn't air till 1993 in the U.S. Its kinda weird because even though they were produced during Season 4 a lot of those episodes didn't have Mike use chucks.

Adam Winters said...

Artless was my favorite episode of the bunch too.

I remember as a kid watching on USA network, I was fascinated they acknowledged religiously themed artwork in the episode by examining Leonardo's Last Supper and Michelangelo's David.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why Rob Paulsen didn't voice Raphael in these 13 episodes. I mean if he was absent for 1 or 2 of them I'd understand, but all 13?

It really doesn't make any sense especially if these were produced around Season 4 and he was in all those episode. Like did we ever figure out why?