Monday, October 31, 2016

Fun at Alamo City Comic-Con in San Antonio!


Had fun at Alamo City Comic-Con 2016 in San Antonio, once again working the NinjaInk booth!  Got to meet Ernie Reyes Jr., better known as Keno from TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze!

Ernie signed my copy of the Archie TMNT II adaptation, specifically this page:


Jim Lawson truly captured Ernie's likeness, didn't he?

Also got to chat with Matt Frank, artist for IDW's Godzilla series.  Cool guy; meet him if you have the chance!

And by pure luck, Tony Kordos, artist of this IDW variant cover that I really, really liked, happened to be there.  And he was selling prints of that variant cover piece!  And it was the original version with April in in, too.  Nice!

Well, now that I'm back, I'll get back to reviewing TMNT shit.  I've got one more Next Mutation review to finish up; it was put on hold through October while I worked on horror movie reviews for AIPT.  I'll knock that out now that Halloween's over.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you ever get back to the remaining Akira volumes?

Mark Pellegrini said...

@Anon

Man, I was just thinking about those the other day. I stopped reviewing them because the articles weren't getting any traction and Kodansha was satisfied with the volumes I'd covered, but would like to finish them up just for completion's sake. I was certainly enjoying the read, anyway.

Adam Winters said...

Please tell me you had already planned to meet up with him because I just can't believed you always carry your newsstand copy of Secret of the Ooze around with you!

Adam Winters said...

And I'm glad to hear you finally got a print of the uncensored Heroes Haven piece! Mail ordered mine a few years back and even bought a frame for it! Did you get it signed too?

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to you finishing The Next Mutation, then you can move onto the 4Kids series which was mostly good. Also another thing completely unrelated, on the old PelleCreepy site you covered a film about a wannabe rock star fighting demons. You described it as so good its bad, and the climax had the rock star dressed in a cape and thong leaping into a pit to fight demons. Also he nicknames Beelzebub,Bub.Can you recall what the films called?

Mark Pellegrini said...

@Anon

That would be Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_%27n%27_Roll_Nightmare

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mark

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am super bummed I missed that variant. Does Tony sell the print anywhere online? I checked Heroes Haven, but didn't see it.

-Static